The Mariposa DR Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit sustained by donations.
Mariposa fulfills their mission of doing whatever it takes to make sure she reaches her full potential.
Some of the ways we do this are:
● Academic Enrichment - Scholarships, Tutoring, Vocational Training
● Experiential Learning - Field Trips, active learning classrooms
● Environmental Education and Activism - Environmental Stewardship, Environmental Sustainability Commitments
● Global Partnerships - Creating global awareness, collaborating with top learning institutions around the world, hosting events and guest speakers
● Safe Space- The Mariposa Center for Girls provides a safe space for girls, build homes for families as needed
● Arts and Culture Curriculum - Mural projects, curriculum and emphasis on mending Haiti-DR relations, creating books and songs
● Access to Health and Wellness Services and Education - Providing annual medical check-ups, health education classes, athletic and water sports lessons, mindfulness and meditation, healthy meals and snacks
● Promoting Global Awareness of the Girl Movement - Creating the Girls Museum and Visitor Center, Website, Social Media
● Social Enterprise- Allowing the organization to be self-sustaining and offering employment to women in the community through the Cabarete Guide, Cabarete Coffee, Upcycled Sails, and Altagracia Farm
Learn more at mariposafoundation.org